*All information in this column is drawn from HSBC’s “The Future of Retirement” (2010)
How Do You Define “Happily Ever After?”
When most people think of planning for the future, they think of retirement.
For many people, retirement seems a long way off – something you only do when you’ve grown too old to do anything else. We would like to suggest thinking of your financial future a different way. Think of it as a bridge to the things that you perhaps do not have time for today – travel, starting a business, pursing a hobby, engaging in charitable work, going back to school, being closer to family, or simply relaxing.
Because post-career journey is such an important phase in your life – and because you only get one real chance to do it right, planning is a must.
It is no secret that investing is getting more complex every year. For instance, in the U.S. alone there are more than 10,000 different mutual funds and a rapidly growing number of ETFs and alternative investments from which to choose(1). Add an assortment of international funds, and you have an even tougher time selecting your investments. The natural fluctuations in national and international economic conditions further add to the difficulty of making the right choices.
When you work with LD Lowe Wealth Advisory, your goals become our goals. There is no cookie-cutter approach to securing your financial future – we do it with plans that are as independent and unique as you are. Whether it is having more time with those you love, retreating to a home in the islands, or having the time to master any hobby you choose, your definition is as important to us as it is to you.
Those who have planned are more optimistic:
What can our independent approach mean to you?
- Attempts to reduce or eliminate unnecessary risk by providing a breadth of investment options
- Provides independence from brokerage-promoted investment packages
- Offers opportunities for investments that may provide lower fees, and better management
- Allows the flexibility to discontinue any investment that does not perform to our expectations
- Allows clients the option to continue using existing financial professionals with whom they already have a relationship, while still involving LD Lowe Wealth Advisory in their strategic plan
- Provides ongoing transparency via clear, concise reporting and regular meetings
The link below is located on another website server. LD Lowe Plan does not endorse the policies, products, services, or advice given on the following website link.
(1) Source: 2012 Investment Company Fact Book, Figure 1.11